Sundance Institute and Luminate today announced six new projects which are being supported by the Sundance Institute | Luminate Fund. The fund provides non-recoupable grants to independent artists working across documentary, narrative, episodic, and emerging media whose work display a strong potential for social and cultural impact.
The six new recipients of the grants are:
- And She Could Be Next, directed by Grace Lee and Marjan Safinia
- A Cop Movie, directed by Alonso Ruizpalacios
- The Fourth Man, directed by Alberto Arnaut
- The Forgotten Margins, directed by Mark Grieco
- Influence, directed by Diana Neille and Richard Poplak
- La Vocera, directed by Luciana Kaplan.
These six films join the two previously announced recipients: The Infiltrators, directed by Alex Rivera and Cristina Ibarra, which premiered at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival; and Softie, directed by Sam Soko, which premiered at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival.
Learn more here.